QNamaste Lotus Youth Soft Cotton Hoodie
Namaste! This soft & warm youth hoodie combines a respectful greeting with the purity & devotion of the lotus. The word Namaste translates to “I bow to the divine in you” meaning I recognize the universal sacredness in all living beings (large and small). This gesture is used throughout Asia and is meant to bring awareness, acknowledgement, non-judgement, respect, and kindness to everyone we meet no matter their circumstances or path. The intention of this design is to emanate the peace of this gesture with the purity of the lotus and exponentially increase its positive effects via the background mandala. You don’t have to say it, but we feel this design can speak for itself and can naturally affect your surroundings in a more powerful and profound way! (Check out some fun info and size chart below!)
Spark Designs | Buy Inspired, Get Inspired.
- 50% Soft cotton; 50% Polyester (fibre content may vary for different colors)
- Medium fabric (8.0 oz/yd² (271 g/m²))
- Two-ply hood
- Sewn in label
- Runs true to size
|Size Chart||S (2-4yr)
|Sleeve Length, in
- The gesture of ‘Namaste’ is called the Anjalimudra (divine offering sign) or Pranamasana in Yoga.
- It is usually performed at the heart chakra (Anahata), at the Ajna or brow chakra or above the head at the crown chakra.
- The placement of hands in these areas helps direct the flow of energy and awareness to that space.
- Acupuncturists say the Anjalimudra activates pressure points related to sensory memories especially regarding retention of a person’s face, eyes and personality.
- In Yoga, the Anjalimudra aims to bring feelings of centeredness, focus, and can induce a meditative state which can reduce stress.
- Some claim it connects both hemispheres of the brain to promote mental and physical balance.
Others claim it
represents the coming together and subsequent dissolution of duality,
amalgamation of the divine feminine and masculine, and unification of the sacredness