QNamaste Lotus Men's & Women's Soft Cotton Jersey T-Shirt
Namaste! This soft cotton t-shirt combines a respectful greeting
with the purity & devotion of the lotus. The word Namaste translates to “I bow
to the divine in you” meaning I recognize the universal sacredness in all
living beings (large and small). This gesture is used throughout Asia and is meant
to bring awareness, acknowledgement, non-judgement, respect, and kindness to
everyone we meet no matter their circumstances or path. The intention of this
design is to emanate the peace of this gesture with the purity of the lotus and
exponentially increase its positive effects via the background mandala. You don’t
have to say it, but we feel this design can speak for itself and can naturally
affect your surroundings in a more powerful and profound way! (Check out some
fun info and size chart below!)
Spark Designs | Buy Inspired, Get Inspired.
- Retail fit
- 100% Soft cotton (fibre content may vary for different colors)
- Light fabric (4.2 oz/yd² (142 g/m²))
- Tear away label
- Runs true to size
|Sleeve length, in
- The gesture of ‘Namaste’ is called the Anjalimudra (divine offering sign) or Pranamasana in Yoga.
- It is usually performed at the heart chakra (Anahata), at the Ajna or brow chakra or above the head at the crown chakra.
- The placement of hands in these areas helps direct the flow of energy and awareness to that space.
- Acupuncturists say the Anjalimudra activates pressure points related to sensory memories especially regarding retention of a person’s face, eyes and personality.
In Yoga, the Anjalimudra aims to bring feelings
of centeredness, focus, and can induce a meditative state which can reduce
Some claim it connects both hemispheres
of the brain to promote mental and physical balance.
Others claim it represents
the coming together and subsequent dissolution of duality, amalgamation of the
divine feminine and masculine, and unification of the sacredness in all.